1. Garetto L, Weissinger P, Goldblatt L.
Introducing critical thinking into dental
education. Alpha Omegan. 2004 Jul;97(2):28-34.
2. Naseri M, Ahangari Z, Shantiaee Y, Rasekhi J, Kangarlou A. The efficacy of an endodontic
instructional multimedia program for
enhancing the knowledge and skills of dental students. J Islam Dent Assoc Iran. 2013; 25(3):162-8.
3. Naseri M, Shantiaee Y, Rasekhi J, Zadsirjan S, Bi-dabadi MM, Khayat A. Efficacy of video-assisted instruction on knowledge and
performance of dental students in access cavity preparation. Iran Endod J. 2016 Fall;11(4):329-331.
4. Bassir SH, Sadr-Eshkevari P, Amirikhorheh S, Karimbux NY. Problem-based learning in dental education: a systematic review of the literature. J Dent Educ. 2014 Jan;78(1):98-109.
5. Lahijani MSS, Kateb HRR. The effect of PBL and film showing, frequent quizzes and
lecture-based method on short-term
performance of dentistry students. J Med Educ. 2004;4(2):77-80.
6. Hartling L, Spooner C, Tjosvold L, Oswald A. Problem-based learning in pre-clinical medical education: 22 years of outcome research. Med Teach. 2010 Jan;32(1):28-35.
7. Use of problem-based learning in Canadian and U.S. dental schools: results of a survey. J Can Dent Assoc. 2002 Jan;68(1):26.
8. Berman LH, Hargreaves KM, Cohen's S, Burns RC. Cohen’s Pathways of the pulp. 11 ed: Else-vier Mosby; 2015:e 193.
9. Dent J, Harden R. A practical guide for
medical teachers. 4th ed: Churchill Livingstone; 2013:240.
10. Suksudaj N, Townsend G, Kaidonis J, Lekkas D, Winning T. Acquiring psychomotor skills in op-erative dentistry: do innate ability and
motivation matter? Eur J Dent Educ. 2012 Feb; 16(1):e187-e94.
11. Last K, Appleton J, Stevenson H. Basic
science knowledge of dental students on
conventional and problem‐based learning (PBL) courses at Liverpool. Eur J Dent Educ. 2001 Dec;5(4):148-54.
12. Schmidt HG, Rotgans JI, Yew EH. The
process of problem‐based learning: what works and why. Med Educ. 2011 Aug; 45(8):792-806.
13. Rich SK, Keim RG, Shuler CF. Problem-based learning versus a traditional educational
methodology: a comparison of preclinical and clinical periodontics performance. J Dent Educ. 2005 Jun;69(6):649-62.
14. Pau AK, Croucher R. The use of PBL to
facilitate the development of professional
attributes in second year dental students. Eur J Dent Educ. 2003 Aug;7(3):123-9.
15. Login GR, Ransil BJ, Meyer M, Truong NT, Donoff RB, McArdle PJ. Assessment of
preclinical problem-based learning versus
lecture-based learning. J Dent Educ. 1997 Jun; 61(6):473-9.
16. Prosser M. A student learning perspective on teaching and learning, with implications for problem-based learning. Eur J Dent Educ 2004 Apr;8(2):51-8.
17. Ratzmann A, Wiesmann U, Proff P, Kordaß B, Gedrange T. Student evaluation of problem-based learning in a dental orthodontic
curriculum–A Pilot study. GMS Z Med Ausbild. 2013; 30(3):Doc34.
18. Galvão NS, Oliveira ML, Panzarella FK, Raitz R, Junqueira JLC. Traditional lecture versus PBL tutorials in Dental students’ knowledge
acquisition. Revista da ABENO. 2018;18(4):76-
19. Shao LN, Qiu LH, Zhan FL, Xue M.
[Application of PBL combined with SP method in during-course practice of endodontics for un-dergraduate dental students]. Shanghai kou
qiang yi xue. 2016 Oct;25(5):621-625.
20. Shao LN, Wang XM, Qiu LH, Zhan FL, Xue M. [Application of problem-based learning in
pre-job training of postgraduate students in
department of endodontics]. Shanghai kou
qiang yi xue. 2013 Aug;22(4):462-5.
21. Brown G, Manogue M, Rohlin M. Assessing atti-tudes in dental education: Is it worthwhile? Br Dent J. 2002 Dec 21;193(12):703-7.
22. Fincham A, Baehner R, Chai Y, Crowe D,
Fincham C, Iskander M, et al. Problem-based learning at the University of Southern California School of Dentistry. J Dent Edu. 1997 May; 61 (5):417-25.
23. Strobel J, van Barneveld A. When is PBL more effective? A meta-synthesis of
meta-analyses comparing PBL to conventional classrooms. Interdiscip J Probl Based Learn. 2009;3(1):4.
24. Katsuragi H. Adding problem-based learning tu-torials to a traditional lecture-based
curriculum: a pilot study in a dental school. Odontology. 2005 Sep;93(1):80-5.
25. Albanese MA, Mitchell S. Problem-based learn-ing: A review of literature on its outcomes and implementation issues. Acad Med. 1993 Jan; 68(1):52-81.
26. Vernon DT, Blake RL. Does problem-based learning work? A meta-analysis of evaluative research. Acad Med. 1993 Jul;68(7):550-63.
27. Kawai Y, Yazaki T, Matsumaru Y, Senzaki K, Asai H, Imamichi Y, et al. [Comparative analysis of learning effect for students who experienced both lecture-based learning and problem-based learning in a complete denture course]. Nihon Hotetsu Shika Gakkai Zasshi. 2007 Jul; 51(3):572-81.
28. Reich S, Simon JF, Ruedinger D, Shortall A, Wichmann M, Frankenberger R. Evaluation of two different teaching concepts in dentistry
using computer technology. Adv Health Sci Educ. 2007 Aug;12(3):321-9.
29. Blake RL, Hosokawa MC, Riley SL. Student per-formances on Step 1 and Step 2 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination following implementation of a problem-based learning curriculum. Acad Med. 2000 Jan;75(1):66-70.
30. Polyzois I, Claffey N, Mattheos N.
Problem‐based learning in academic health education. A systematic literature review. Europ J Dent Educ. 2010 Feb;14(1):55-64.